I am planning of making a one issue magazine publication of creative writing: short stories, flash fiction and poetry, that would be specifically the work of bloggers.
Many of us write creatively outside of our mostly non-fiction blogs and would love to have the opportunity to show this work outside of the niche. When the opportunity arose for me to have a publication project at university, I wanted to use it as an opportunity for the blogging community to show off their work and potential to future employers. This is a great opportunity for those of you who plan on writing as a career, whether in PR and Communications, Marketing, or indeed as a writer.
The magazine would be published online, with a launch event taking place at the Cultural Exchanges Festival in Leicester (UK), in February 2018.
All profits from the publication would go to a charity agreed on by those selected for publishing. This means neither I or you will make any money of this; however, you will get experience and something to put on your CV. Professional, long established literary magazines would not pay you for your submission of poetry or fiction either.
- You must have a blog or vlog to participate.
- You can send up to 2 short stories (no longer than 1500 words each, double spaced), 4 poems (no longer than 40 lines, single spaced) and 3 pieces of flash fiction (100 words each, double spaced) in one submission.
- The submissions should be in PDF, ODT or DOCX file format, sent as an email attachments to: email@example.com
- You should include your name, blog address and a bio of about 40 words. (so that we can include them I the publication)
- SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL December 21st 2017.
We’re especially looking out for new, experimental, quirky writing. If it doesn’t fit in any category, but isn’t over 1500 words, send it over.
If the project takes off, I will continue to publish the magazine. You will be informed of any changes, if you submit your work and it is accepted.